We often get asked what this ‘mystery’ object is…

It’s a web stretcher!

A web stretcher is an upholstery tool used to stretch webbing.

You can get a few different versions of a web stretcher, one that uses a dowel to hold the webbing in place and two which use metal spikes to grip the webbing, these are called the spiked and gooseneck web stretchers.

You can learn more about it and see how it works below😊